Join 3,521 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Tags:

Album art for your music downloads
February 8, 2007 8:04 AM   Subscribe

I'm a bit obsessive about my album art, but I never had anything for the songs I've snatched from MeFi Music (chococat, I'm looking in your direction). So I whipped up a little something that I thought I'd share with the community. It's nothing special, but perhaps it will help fill out your Cover Flow.
posted by Rock Steady to MetaFilter Music at 8:04 AM (17 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

www.music.metafilter.com just resolves back to www.metafilter.com btw—omit needless prefixes.
posted by cortex at 8:14 AM on February 8, 2007


Sweet. Thanks, Rock Steady. RichardP whipped up this for "Mathowie's Community Blog," if you missed it.
posted by cgc373 at 8:17 AM on February 8, 2007


What do you use to add album art? I've been using Tag&Rename, but for doing large amounts (and simply album art), it becomes a little laborious.
posted by geoff. at 8:18 AM on February 8, 2007


It's like, how much more #333333 could this be?
And the answer is none.
None more #333333.
posted by Alvy Ampersand at 8:25 AM on February 8, 2007 [4 favorites]


Nice one, Rock Steady. I'm equally obsessive about having cover art. In a pinch, I always turn to the Vinyl Record Generator - it's quick, snazzy, and so much less work than creating a cover in Photoshop.
posted by Banky_Edwards at 8:30 AM on February 8, 2007


Alvy Ampersand just made me shoot coffee out my nose and onto my nice shirt. Dude, you owe me a thrift-store DKNY.
posted by sleepy pete at 8:39 AM on February 8, 2007


What's wrong with being sexy?
posted by ColdChef at 8:41 AM on February 8, 2007


@geoff.: If you're looking for a dedicated album-art-fetching program, I'd recommend Album Art Aggregator. It finds art for about 85% of my collection (the other 15% being pretty rare/weird stuff), and it's a small, well-behaved program.

And thanks, Rock Steady, for the art!
posted by somanyamys at 8:41 AM on February 8, 2007 [1 favorite]


Good idea.
And I can feel you looking in my direction but I can't look back because I'm buried in mics and cables with only 20 days left to write 5 more songs on this insane challenge that I committed myself to.
posted by chococat at 8:53 AM on February 8, 2007


Yay, more chococat songs!

If you want a more "correct" version (thanks cortex), you can get it here.

Thanks for the Vinyl Record Generator link - that will come in handy.
posted by Rock Steady at 9:20 AM on February 8, 2007


I am sooo putting this on a t-shirt!
Thanks!
posted by Dizzy at 10:31 AM on February 8, 2007


Hooray for chococat!

I, um, haven't started on the RPM challenge yet.
posted by danb at 1:10 PM on February 8, 2007


I find that the guilt and panic combine to make for some really scorching songwriting. You're still good.
posted by cortex at 1:17 PM on February 8, 2007


Me either. Did you know there are guitar chords other than C, Em, G, and D? And you don't have to always play them in that order?!?
/In way over my head

posted by Alvy Ampersand at 1:17 PM on February 8, 2007


Me four. Do you know how hard it is to set up mics and record acoustic instruments with an 18 month old scrambling around under the chair?!?
posted by dan g. at 4:17 PM on February 8, 2007


Do you know how hard it is to set up mics and record acoustic instruments with an 18 month old scrambling around under the chair?!?

Yes.
posted by chococat at 8:52 PM on February 8, 2007


In case anyone is interested, the album art aggregator works WONDERFULLY.
posted by geoff. at 5:50 PM on February 9, 2007


« Older Maybe it's just me, but I thin...  |  LowestCommonDenominatorFilter:... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments