Fantasy basketball October 10, 2009 2:03 PM   Subscribe

Fantasy Basketball time, folks. You know you want to play.

I have 4 spots open in my Yahoo NBA fantasy league. It was a barrel of laughs last year, and promises the same again.

The draft is on 10/25 at 12.30pm CDT.

Please MeMail me if interested. Again, please sign up only if you will be an active manager.
posted by reenum to MetaFilter Gatherings at 2:03 PM (9 comments total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Live draft?
posted by theichibun at 2:40 PM on October 10, 2009

Sure is. Live online draft.
posted by reenum at 2:44 PM on October 10, 2009

I had a blast last year; I'd love to play again.
posted by Kwine at 3:01 PM on October 10, 2009

How competitive is this thing
posted by kathrineg at 4:03 PM on October 10, 2009

Severio stared at the round orange ball that had just rolled up to his feet. He had never seen anything like it, not even when he had plundered the Sorrowful Caves of Thatchgar. He raised his upper lip scornfully. "What manner of play-thing is this?" he snarled.

From behind the quartz outcropping came a mysterious voice. "We call it a basketball, in my world."

Severio looked up to see a tall, smiling figure striding toward him. A friendly-looking man with white hair, tinged slightly yellow by the uric accumulation of his years. Severio narrowed his eyes. "Who are you?" he asked. "How come you to be in the Dastar Valley? Answer quickly, lest my wyvern grow weary and decide to make you his next meal." Fraanzer, Severio's loyal wyvern, let out a small growl.

The stranger smiled, and raised both hands in a gesture of peace. "I mean you no harm," he said. "I'm assembling a team of the finest warriors in all the MultiVerse. Under my command, they shall play a game, the likes of which has never been seen. I want you on this team, Severio." The man extended his hand in greeting. "My name is Joseph Biden. I come from a land called America."

Severio spat. "What use have I for GAMES?" he bellowed. "I am Severio, the seventh son of Gastoron, leader of the Mounted Clan of Henndarin! I live by the laws of Sword and Flame! No mere GAME is worth my while!"

Biden smiled more broadly, nodding. "You are a fearsome warrior," he said. "But this game's outcome may well determine the shape of all reality to come. Should you choose to play, you will be granted power beyond reckoning."

Severio furrowed his brow. Power beyond reckoning? He liked the sound of that. He felt himself growing slightly turgid with excitement. "Very well, Biden," he growled. "Show me this game of 'basket ball'. And let the whoresons who oppose me quake with fear."

Biden smiled. His Perfect Team was almost complete. Only one last player remained -- Prandivar the Sea-Maiden, the legendarily beautiful killer of men. The elders had said she could only be bribed with the rarest treasures on earth. Fortunately, Biden had already acquired the Diamond Smelt of Hørsgarad. He just hoped it would be enough.
posted by Greg Nog at 4:44 PM on October 10, 2009 [3 favorites]

In Russia, ball basket you!

is there a fantasy late night wiseass league?
posted by not_on_display at 8:28 PM on October 10, 2009

kathrineg: We had a fairly competitive league last year. Everyone was actively managing their squads and working the waiver wire.

Kwine: Your invite has been sent.
posted by reenum at 10:25 PM on October 10, 2009

I'd be all over it if it wasn't a live draft, or if the draft was at a different time. I'm subbing and just can't know if I'll be at work then. And the wife would kill me if I took a non work day so I could do a fantasy draft.
posted by theichibun at 6:23 AM on October 11, 2009

ichibun: You could do preranks. I might not be there either and will do preranks if that's the case.
posted by reenum at 8:26 AM on October 11, 2009

« Older Sheffield (UK) meetup potential?   |   NaNoWriMo 2009? Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments