Speaking of 10 years ago, Wil Wheaton remembers about the beginnings of his blog that "MetaFilter declared that it was 'lame'". But if he'd read all 91 comments on the thread, he'd know he was called "cool" several times and "at least he isn't Corin Nemec". And just recently we credited him for inventing the "Sci-Five". [more inside]
• An entry in 1001 Computer Words You Need to Know... just a few of the fascinating tidbits unearthed by a Google Books search for the term "Metafilter".
•The Metafilter process, which is the subject of many patents, is based upon the filtration of the solution through a layer of very fine filtering material...used for, among other things, making beer
• Metafilter: adventures in zero budget usability
• The use of Ask MeFi cited as a "Mind Performance Hack"
• Actor Wil Wheaton whining about feeling rejected
• Mention of the 2003 Laurie Garrett Affair from the book The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet
• An interview with the intrepid author of librarian.net
Enough with the Wil Wheaton crap, already. Has he commited some offense that I am unaware of? He seems like a nice guy. Why dis him?