Friends, MeFites, homebrewers lend me your beers! The MetaFilter Homebrew Swap (previously
) is now taking applications
posted by revgeorge to MetaFilter-Related at 9:55 AM (84 comments total)
9 users marked this as a favorite
- If you submit your info to the form, you're agreeing to send someone a minimum of 22 oz (two 12 oz bottles or one bomber) of a fermented beverage you made.
- Shipping could range from $10-$20, please consider that before you choose to participate.
- You can sign up multiple times to swap multiple times. I'm imposing an arbitrary cap of 3 signups per person. If you sign up multiple times, I will try to match you with different people if at all possible.
- Please post a comment here if you sign up, so I know that you actually signed up. Alternatively, email me, but a comment is preferred.
- We will publicly call you names if you sign up and don't send out homebrew. Probably something even worse.
- This swap is only open to the continental US, so that we can control costs and customs.
- You will receive your partner's mailing information on June 1st. Please be ready to mail out your homebrew that week. You must send out your homebrew by June 8th
- Any sort of fermented beverage that you made is eligible, so you may get beer, wine, cider, mead, gruit, cyser, perry, or something else. You can put your preferences in the comments on the form, and I will accommodate them as best as possible, but even if you hate beer you still might get beer. Enter at your own risk.
- Do not ship with USPS! Packaging tips for those who, like me, haven't mailed homebrew before.
- If you sign up, another MetaFilter user will get your real name and home address. That's in addition to me. If you are not comfortable with that, sorry, but there's no way around it.
Parts bolded for the tl;dr crowd. I set the swap date in the future so people have enough lead time to brew something up. We'll have another thread on June 1st for people to post what they got, recipes, etc.