Burque/Santa Fe meetup April 9, 2010 1:53 PM   Subscribe

Anyone in Albuquerque want to get together? I'd be open to Santa Fe, too, if we can be somewhere near the Rapid Ride route.

I missed the last meetup and would like to go to one! I am open to time/place suggestions.
posted by NoraReed to MetaFilter Gatherings at 1:53 PM (29 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Absolutely. I'm new in town and have never been to a meetup.
posted by nikitabot at 9:37 PM on April 9, 2010

Just don't take a wrong turn at Pismo Beach or you'll never make it to Albequerque...
(a Bugs Bunny reference from a guy who lives near Pismo Beach and hears the "wrong turn at Albuquerque" line ALL the time... carry on...)
posted by oneswellfoop at 10:40 PM on April 9, 2010

I'm in Santa Fe. I might be interested in a meetup if there are enough people. Plan something for a few weeks out so I can make sure my schedule's clear. :-)

I've never done one of these before!
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 11:34 PM on April 9, 2010

I'm down. I'm in Albuquerque.
posted by signalnine at 11:55 AM on April 12, 2010

Also I recommend MeMailing people, otherwise they might not notice this thread. For the 10th anniversary meetup I compiled a list of some of the ABQ/Santa Fe Mefites, it might help:

hellslinger, metacollin, wanderingmind, yohko, melvix, aint broke, joedan, stoneweaver, Sara Anne, dual_action, Noelle, treeshade, crazyhorse, jabo, monkey.pie.baker, pointilist, The Cardinal, MNDZ, backwords, kylefreund, mullicious, vorfeed, metajack
posted by signalnine at 12:06 PM on April 12, 2010 [1 favorite]

I think this is the point at which one offers potential dates and meeting places. Bar or restaurant? Weekend or week day?
posted by stoneweaver at 9:17 AM on April 16, 2010

We'd probably want to put this out about 3 weeks or so, probably the week of the 2nd. Blackbird Buvette or O'Niell's would be my venue suggestion.
posted by signalnine at 6:56 PM on April 16, 2010

I'm on board for Blackbird. Green chile beer and jalapeno bottle caps.
posted by stoneweaver at 11:43 AM on April 17, 2010

Thanks for the ping, stoneweaver. I prefer O'Neill's, but Blackbird is good too. If we do O'Neills and Sundays work for people, we could do it in the afternoon/evening and stay for Geeks Who Drink, if anyone's interested in pub quiz.
posted by NoraReed at 2:22 PM on April 17, 2010

Just noticed this. Blackbird is walking distance to the train station, which is a plus for anyone thinking of coming down from Santa Fe.
posted by joedan at 6:21 PM on April 17, 2010

There's Geeks Who Drink at Blackbird too, Tuesdays at 7pm. Team BEANPLATE?
posted by signalnine at 6:58 PM on April 17, 2010

That sounds great. How about Tuesday the 4th?
posted by joedan at 10:37 AM on April 18, 2010

Sounds good to me. I'm okay with anytime after 5pm.
posted by signalnine at 10:01 PM on April 18, 2010

Ok, how does 6:00 Tuesday May 4th at Blackbird sound to everyone?
posted by joedan at 11:31 AM on April 19, 2010

Sounds good to me!
posted by NoraReed at 1:11 PM on April 19, 2010

Sounds good to me too.
posted by hellslinger at 3:20 PM on April 19, 2010

I'm on board!
posted by stoneweaver at 3:49 PM on April 19, 2010

I'm up for it, won't be there until around 7:00 though. Save me a seat if you can, I assume the pub quiz nights get crowded.
posted by yohko at 10:54 AM on April 25, 2010

I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll be wearing a Metafilter shirt and either a cape or something equally flamboyant.
posted by NoraReed at 1:50 PM on May 3, 2010

You should spell out "tl;dr" in bedazzles on your cape.
posted by signalnine at 7:22 PM on May 3, 2010

My TL;DR shirt gets more questions from strangers than any other article of clothing I own. Except the cape. I think if I combined those two it might cause a singularity of so may people asking me questions that the world would cave in.
posted by NoraReed at 8:09 PM on May 3, 2010

How was the meetup? Wish I could've joined you guys! (Blackbird Buvette was a good choice, making it especially sad I couldn't come)
posted by The Winsome Parker Lewis at 7:56 AM on May 5, 2010

I think we had an excellent time! Team Beanplate came in 5th, which is respectable as we came out ahead of all the really terrible team names. The music round tanked us. Next time we need to bring a ringer.
posted by stoneweaver at 9:39 AM on May 5, 2010

Music round, you say? What kind of trivia? Between Mrs. filthy light thief and me, I think we could do some damage to that category (if not at tentative next meetup, then at some future date).
posted by filthy light thief at 10:10 AM on May 5, 2010

I think the problem with a team of mefites is that the trivia knowledge tends to be somewhat redundant.

But at least we know our sex dolls.
posted by NoraReed at 12:25 PM on May 5, 2010

I should know by now that whenever I talk myself out of an answer because it's too obvious and must be a trick question that this is a bad move. Oh well.
posted by signalnine at 9:56 AM on May 6, 2010

filthy light thief: The music rounds are largely really bad pop music from the 80s and 90s. The rest of the trivia is pretty heavily pop-culture. The other area we suck at is sports.
posted by signalnine at 9:58 AM on May 6, 2010

My wife is totally a ringer for those categories. She is a font of odd (pop) knowledge. I'd do decently in the music realm, but sports .. eh, not so much.
posted by filthy light thief at 10:26 AM on May 6, 2010

Oh look we are on their blog! I'm hiding.
posted by NoraReed at 12:18 AM on May 9, 2010

« Older Recent Activity is your friend.   |   eccnineten's favorite bad habit overcome Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments

Photos:
No photos added.