It's way past!
time to swap mix CDs again, so let the mid-year 2010 (NOT HEMISPHERIST!) MeFiSwap begin! Hooray!
posted by carsonb to MetaFilter-Related at 11:45 AM (161 comments total)
26 users marked this as a favorite
To sign up, send me an email containing at the very least your MeFi username
and your mailing address
tediseasy [at] gmail [doot] com
I will reply with a form letter confirmation saying something along the lines of 'You're signed up to swap!' and acknowledging any special requests.
I think these work best if some guidelines are set out right at the beginning:
- Swapsets consist of 6 people. You mail out 5 copies of your mix to the other swapset members, and in return you get 5 different mixes mailed to you.
- We usually swap music CD-Rs. If you want to swap data discs or tapes or something and enough are interested, I can set up a side-swap. Don't send any media other than a music CD-R without running it by your swapset first.
- If you signed up to participate last time but didn't mail out your mix, you are not invited to swap again you mooch. Maximum pukka is attained through 100% participation. If you sign up to participate this time, do so with the full intention of mailing out at least 5 mix CDs within 6 weeks from now. If you didn't get all 5 mixes last swap, feel free to tattle to me (in email, please) so I can keep track of who's in and who's out.
- You may be asked to mail overseas, and if you live outside the USA, you will most definitely be asked to mail packages to foreign countries. Communication is important so if you can't get your mixes out by the deadline (see below), let me or the other members of your swapset know.
- Deadlines, here's some schedule:
- Sign-ups close in ~2 weeks on Sunday, July 11th, 2010.
- Swapset assignments will go out shortly thereafter via email.
- The mailing deadline is in about a month and a half, let's say Saturday August 14th, 2010
- If you would like to be in two swapsets (mailing 10 copies of your mix out) or if you have any other specific requests or restraints, please include them in your sign-up email. I will honor them the best I can, but no promises.