Fire up your CD-burning lazercheeses, rifle your music collection swamp for suitable floaters, and elect your stamp-licking uberminions.
MeFiSwap 2011-1 commences.
posted by carsonb to MetaFilter-Related at 3:16 PM (115 comments total)
9 users marked this as a favorite
Twice a year for the last several years, hunnerds of MeFites have compiled their most brilliant tunes, burned them onto handy, decorative CD-Rs, and mailed them across the globe.
>>>>>>> To sign up, send me an email with BOTH your MeFi username and your mailing address at:
tediseasy [at] gmail [doot] com
I will reply with a form letter confirmation saying something along the lines of 'You're signed up to swap!' and acknowledging any special requests.
Before you sign up, however, please familiarize yourself with the swap guidelines:
- Swapsets consist of 6 people. You mail out 5 copies of your mix to the other swapset members, and in return you get 5 different mixes mailed to you.
- We swap audio CD-Rs. Your swapmates should be able to put the disc you send them into just about any CD player and have it work. If you want to swap data discs (loaded with .mp3s) or tapes or something and enough are interested, I can set up a side-swap. Please do not send any media other than a music CD-R without running it by your swapset first.
- If you signed up to participate last time but didn't mail out your mix, you are not invited to swap again you damned mooch. Maximum pukka is attained through 100% participation. If you sign up to participate this time, do so with the full intention of mailing out at least 5 mix CDs within ~6 weeks from today. If you didn't get all 5 mixes in a previous swap, feel free to email me so I can keep track of who's eligible to swap again and who's not.
- You may be asked to mail overseas, and if you live outside the USA, you will most definitely be asked to mail packages to foreign countries. Special requests regarding mail should be included in your sign-up email.
- Communication is important so if you can't get your mixes out by the mailing deadline (see below), let me or the other members of your swapset know.
Here's some schedule:
If you would like to be in two swapsets (mailing 10 copies of your mix out) or if you have any other specific requests or restraints, please include them in your sign-up email. I will honor them the best I can, but no promises.
- Sign-ups close in ~2 weeks on Sunday, January 30th, 2011.
- Swapset assignments will go out shortly thereafter via email.
- The mailing deadline will be about a month after the swapset assignments go out, tentatively set for February 28, 2011. The sooner you mail out your mixes, the better!
I'll be around here to answer any other questions or concerns.
Yay, happy swapping!