helps listeners transcribe their favorite podcasts into text, by fanning out the work involved to followers of the podcast in 30 second snippets, making the transcription process fun and interesting!
posted by TangerineGurl to MetaFilter-Related at 9:39 AM (36 comments total)
9 users marked this as a favorite
After learning there was an attempt
to transcribe MeFi Podcast I readily jumped in to assist with the latest
and found both suggested tools
to be not as efficient as Fanscribed. It is my intention to have all of the MeFi Podcasts 100% transcribed by making the process easier for anyone to jump in!
- Open Source and Free
- Convenient hot-keys so your fingers never leave home row.
- Snippets are a digestible 30 seconds per session
. Transcribe just one or MANY!
- Pause/Play has an automated 3 second rewind feature built in for efficiency.
- Editable on-the-fly key for abbreviating Speaker(s) names while transcribing- the full name populates in the final transcript.
- Sessions locked for 20 minutes allowing unlimited users to transcribe at once.
Currently being used for one other podcast
(6 hours of audio/week) and a demo video
is available with that podcast as example
I had the creator of this wonderful tool set up a demo page
so any and all interested MeFites can put it to the test!