Can I contact someone via MetaTalk? February 14, 2005 9:17 AM   Subscribe

I want to pass on some info to someone regarding their expired (and kind of unfulfilled) AskMe question, but there's no email listed on his/her contact page. Is it within MeFi etiquette to post an open note here on MetaTalk for nakedcodemonkey?
posted by blueberry to Etiquette/Policy at 9:17 AM (5 comments total)

His AskMe (http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/12744) was looking for an autosave utility for the Mac. At the time there wasn't much, but I just saw that this program called SaveMe (http://www.goldfishsoft.com/saveme.html) has been released and I wanted to give him a heads up.

Comments?
posted by blueberry at 9:17 AM on February 14, 2005

Visit a MeFi thread that nakedcoedmonkey has recently commented in and tell them to drop you a line. I've seen this done many times, and if done innocuously, it doesn't derail the thread.
posted by BlueTrain at 9:22 AM on February 14, 2005

His zip code is on his user page. Just send it to:

nakedcodemonkey
<zip code>

OK, maybe that won't work. It might, though, if you had his real name.
posted by grouse at 9:55 AM on February 14, 2005

I'm probably a bad person, but if I had additional information for a questioner with no email in his profile, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to help him.
posted by trharlan at 10:09 AM on February 14, 2005

I would have to agree with trharlan to some extent. Choosing not to put an email in your profile implies both good and bad consequences, one of which is the ability for users to contact you with important information. If someone chooses not to advertise a way to get in contact with them, perhaps it's best to respect this, despite how helpful you might want to be.

Wonderful sentiment, though, shows the class and quality of the membership here to bring this subject up : )
posted by dflemingdotorg at 10:22 AM on February 14, 2005

« Older Any hope of making "crush" work again?   |   Can we declare a moratorium on teh? Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments