I want this pony January 17, 2004 1:04 PM   Subscribe

I want this pony: To help make the AskMe archive a little more mineable and thereby cut down on repeat questions, might we include either arbitrary keywords, selected by the questioner, to flag the question, or more simply a choice of categories to apply to the question (as we have in MeTa)?
posted by badstone to Feature Requests at 1:04 PM (8 comments total)

This is also an opportunity to continue five fresh fish's thread which got derailed in the lamest way possible. In addition to labeling questions, a "Hall of Fame" of particularly good answers similar to the sidebar on MeFi might be good.
posted by badstone at 1:09 PM on January 17, 2004

This is probably more complicated than feasible, but what if the comments in an AskMe thread have a button next to them marked "this solved my problem" that the original poster can see. If the button is clicked, i.e. the problem is solved, then the thread disappears, clearing up the front page.

That comment can go into an archive that can be found in a search for certain keywords. For example, if an older thread asking "what's a good digital camera" gets an answer acceptable for the poster, they can click the button. Then that comment can show up in a search on AskMe for "digital camera."

Yeah, I know. I want my pony to have laser beams attached to its forehead.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 2:31 PM on January 17, 2004

and curb feelers.
posted by quonsar at 4:39 PM on January 17, 2004

Im Afraid I Got Excited & Touched My Pony In The Wrong Way. ;/

Im Sorry...
posted by Dreamghost at 7:36 PM on January 17, 2004

A little retromingent will fix that.
posted by five fresh fish at 12:57 AM on January 18, 2004

it's two mingents in one!
posted by quonsar at 1:15 AM on January 18, 2004

I think categories would be a great idea.
posted by scarabic at 12:36 PM on January 18, 2004

More here, for instance ... (so maybe need a way to make Metatalk more mineable too and thereby cut down on repeat questions ... or maybe this needs to be asked again ...)
posted by carter at 7:04 AM on January 19, 2004

« Older Askme posts disappearing rapidly off the front...   |   Old Copyright Info Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments