A gentle rebuke July 26, 2001 10:41 AM   Subscribe

I just wanted to point out quite possibly the most nicely worded double post notification I've ever seen, as an example of etiquette done right.
posted by EatenByAGrue to Etiquette/Policy at 10:41 AM (7 comments total)

That's awfully nice of you, Grue, but I didn't intend that to be a double-post notification---much more of a "related-post notification". The two links were totally different but sort of on related tangents, so I thought people interested in today's discussion might also want to read the old article.

So---I don't deserve the props, really---the next time someone posts a link to the kill-the-X10-popups page, I'm just as likely to mercilessly thrash the perpetrator as the next MeFite.
posted by Sapphireblue at 1:25 PM on July 26, 2001

Listen, EatenByAGrue, we've ALREADY TALKED ABOUT THIS a number of times! If you can't be bothered to do DO A LITTLE RESEARCH before you post your PANSY LITTLE "let's all be polite" comment, you don't DESERVE to read Metafilter. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????!!!?

posted by jpoulos at 2:18 PM on July 26, 2001

That's a little MeFi humor there.

posted by jpoulos at 2:19 PM on July 26, 2001

Actually, I'm aware of all the previous threads, which was why I posted this, to provide a counter-example, even if it really wasn't one. But that was very funny, if a little frightening, jpoulos.
posted by EatenByAGrue at 6:55 PM on July 26, 2001

Sorry 'bout that. Didn't mean to scare you. Well, actually, I guess I did. But it's all in good fun. You made a really good point, EBAG. We all could use a lesson in good manners around here.

Carry on.
posted by jpoulos at 8:48 PM on July 26, 2001

EBAG. Heh-heh. I like that. Actually, I wasn't scared at all. I'm not scared of anything! Although maybe I should've been wary of the dark . . .
posted by EatenByAGrue at 11:39 PM on July 26, 2001

Get him.
posted by solistrato at 8:33 AM on August 1, 2001

« Older User Statistics   |   desktop weblog client; no comments Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments