MeFiSwap Summer '09
Believe it or not, it's been about that long. Let's mail each other good music.
posted by carsonb to MetaFilter-Related at 8:09 AM (121 comments total)
13 users marked this as a favorite
I think these work best if some guidelines are set out right at the beginning:
- Email me at tediseasy asper@nd gmail stop. com if you would like to participate. Please include your mailing address and your username. If you would prefer not to use email, memail me. However, things are much simpler from an organizational standpoint if I can use the robust features afforded by email rather than barebones memail, so email is preferred.
- Sign-up deadline is 2 weeks from today, July 12th.
- If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to set up side swaps for tapes or whatever (how many of you cut vinyl?), but let's stick to swapping CDs for the most part and mixes of music for sure (not teddy bears or tshirts or wevs).
- If you signed up to participate last time but didn't mail out your mix, you are not invited to swap again. If you sign up to participate this time, do so with the full intention of mailing out at least 5 mix CDs. You may be asked to mail overseas (and if you live outside the USA, you will most definitely be asked to mail packages to foreign countries). Communication is important; if you can't get your mixes out by the deadline (see below), let me or the other members of your swapset know.
- Once sign-ups are closed, everyone will be broken up into swapsets. Swapsets are ideally 6 members big, so each swapper will mail out 5 copies of their mix. If you're in the mood to mail out more (and receive more in return!), lemme know in the email.
- There's generally a deadline set for mailing swaps out, so let's set that to Saturday, August 15th.
As usual, I feel like I'm leaving a lot out of this, so if you have any questions I'll be skulking around here all day and/or email me.