The stars are right and the signs have manifested, the annual ritual
of the MetaFilter Fantasy Football lives again! If you had a team last year, just log back into it
and you should automatically rejoin the league. Putting on your Premier League gaffer's shoes for the first time? Go to the the official site
, create a team (it's free!), and join the league using the code 31925-10953.
posted by robocop is bleeding to MetaFilter-Related at 5:23 AM (50 comments total)
3 users marked this as a favorite
You are free to mess about with your team until the first ball is kicked on August 18th. This should give you plenty of time to follow the ongoing transfer rumors and adjust your squad as needed.
As a free service, here's a selection of the most recent football gossip, each meticulously researched on Twitter and verified using spiritual channeling of the Great Ascended Master Zorp, May He Top The League Forever:
- Luca Modric of Spurs is demanding a transfer to Real Madrid where he will live in a bootroom locker, emerging only at night to cobble the team's shoes and feast upon the offerings of bread and milk left out by Mesut Özil.
- Eden Hazard, having signed for Chelsea, has a clause in his contract stating that every time a media outlet prints a pun based on his name ("Garden of Eden" | "Hazard A Guess" etc), he will get the contents of Chelsea Owner and Billionaire James Bond Villain Roman Abramovich's left trouser pocket. This lucrative deal is expected to be worth 37 million pounds over the course of the season.
- American Clint Dempsey has stated that he wants to play Champions League football and as such is interested in a move to Liverpool. This will not be a problem as Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has recently installed a flux capacitor in his SKRTEL-Mobile
capable of the 1.21 gigawatts required to get back to the 1980s.
- With only a year left on his contract, Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie hopes to secure a transfer away from the club before Arsene Wenger casts him in his latest one act play.
- Queens Park Rangers look to expand their program of purchasing aging players by sending misfit midfielder Joey Barton on a series of recruiting missions to retirement communities. "Finally, we have found a role for Joey that capitalizes on his talent," owner Tony Fernandes stated, "Attacking and forcibly abducting old people from their homes."
- David Moyes found a fiver in his jacket pocket. Things are looking up for Everton! Expect a new striker any day now.
- At the end of the London Olympics, the entirety of West Ham United will move into the Olympic Stadium and chain themselves to the seats, hoping to secure squatters rights for the facility.
- Will 2012 be the End of Days? Not according to Manchester psychic Anawiccia Lightsheppard-Jones, the inventor of Balotellology, which is a system of foretelling future events based on the random acts of City striker Mario Balotelli. "His t-shirts are the I-Ching for the next age, his casual arsonry the tea leaves of tomorrow," she claimed.
- And finally, Sir Alex Ferguson has denied reports stating that he has threatened to return England international Wayne Rooney to his Naughty Box if Manchester United do not win the league. When asked for confirmation, Rooney stated that he's a good boy, such a good boy, and began to rub his head furiously.
So I hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing you all in the MetaFilter Premier League Fantasy Football Challenge this year!