. Let me run down the aspects of it with a few development screenshots:
1. The homepage will eventually look something like this
. A list of all scheduled meetups and proposed ones still in the planning stages, along with a google map of them all. There is a link to organize one in your own town not listed.
2. If you want to organize an anniversary meetup, you'll see a signup screen a lot like this
. We're asking for paypal addreses so that we can send some money your way after the meetup takes place ($50-100 in most cases for well-attended meetups).
3. A party in the planning stages will look something like this
. You can spot the organizer, people can say whether they are attending or might be, and people can start several threads about the upcoming meetup.
4. Only the organizer can decide on the venue, date, and time, and they'll see something like this screen
to pick out the exact meetup location.
5. When a venue/time is decided on, the meetup page for that city will look something like this
. A huge obvious banner shows where and when it'll be, with a link to Google Maps to help you get there.
6. After a meetup takes place, we'll display photos from the event like the screenshot here
. We're actually still developing a way to do this, most likely through the use of tags we'll ask you to put on the event photos. We'll have an "all photos from all meetups" page as well. We might incorporate twitter posts from attendees during the event as well.
This is still a work in progress, but we think it'll make things organized and make it easier for people to find nearby meetups and for us admins to be able to locate the organizer and help pay the bar tab for the evening.
There are likely tons of bugs so if you spot any problems during the process of organizing something, and please, please only apply if you are dead serious about hosting, organizing, and being the person on the hook for the event itself.