An odd giveaway. A New York Area MeFite writes to us "I have two tickets to see the AMC Batman triple feature on July 19 in New York City. Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I can't go anymore, so I thought I'd give them to you guys if you want to give them away."
posted by jessamyn to MetaFilter-Related at 7:44 AM (62 comments total)
5 users marked this as a favorite
We figured we could handle this here and do the MeFite a favor but didn't feel up to having an impromptu Best Post Contents for NYers Only. Batman Begins at 6, the next one is at 9-ish, and then The Dark Knight Rises premieres at midnight after those movies. Anyone who could conceivably go to this, feel free to comment in this thread. After 24 hours we'll do a random selection of the users who have commented in the thread and send the tickets link to the winner.
- please do this if you want to go not if you want to give the tickets to someone else
- movies are at AMC Loews 34th Street 14
- sock puppets needn't apply, one entry per user (i.e. if you comment multiple times we'll still only put your name in the hat once)
- must have printer to print tickets
- in the event that the person selected can't go, we'll select another person and so on
- pb's random robot drawing decision is final
If this turns out to be a decent thing, we may try to broaden it with other non-geography restricted giveaways in the future. We know this is a little unorthodox but we're all crazy from the heat.