Site Update #4, 2020 September 11, 2020 11:08 AM Subscribe
Hey everyone! We're halfway through our Fundraising Month, and having a great time! Hope you are all enjoying yourselves with it, too. Here are some updates about that and the other things we're up to. As usual, comments are turned off. Drop us a line at the Contact Form if you have feedback, and you’re welcome to open a MetaTalk thread for any subject you want to discuss with the community.
- Frimble's primary project this period was a couple of ColdFusion fixes that will ensure people can continue to log in to the site. No biggie.
- Tags can now have non-ASCII characters! This will make it easier/possible to have non-English language tags. Please feel free to test this aggressively.
- Next up: improving the fundraising page to make project-specific contributions simpler for everyone
- We have quite a few things in the backlog, and how we prioritize them will be affected by what the Advisory Board suggests - see next category!
- We have a meeting scheduled! The first BIPOC Advisory Board meeting will take place on September 20th.
- If you’d like to help fund honoraria for the board, you can do that via the Funding Page. Just send a message via the Contact Form or to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know to earmark your contribution for that purpose.
- If any POC are interested in participating in the board or receiving meeting notes regularly, please email email@example.com
- Cortex's hair is getting a trim! So far he's still a longhaired hippie, though, so let's see if we can change that.
- The first Chatfilter thread is up and was a hit, go check it out! The second one will go up soon - suggest topics and get your bids in now!.
- Jessamyn has been killing it with the commissioned posts - one post a day on a topic of MeFites’ choosing in exchange for a donation to the site. Learn more and commission a post here!
- Travelingthyme is running Dream Week for posts about dreams - see all the posts at #dreamweek.
- Loup's deep into the GDPR compliance stuff - this will be the priority until it's complete.
This thread is closed to new comments.